Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Criticism of Republicans

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=549199785095802&set=a.297095436972906.93385.174319502583834&type=1&theater Quote from Pulitzer and Tony award-winning playwright Doug Wright: "I wish my moderate Republican friends would simply be honest. They all say they're voting for Romney because of his economic policies (tenuous and ill-formed as they are), and that they disagree with him on gay rights. Fine. Then look me in the eye, speak with a level clear voice, and say, "My taxes and take-home pay mean more than your fundamental civil rights, the sanctity of your marriage, your right to visit an ailing spouse in the hospital, your dignity as a citizen of this country, your healthcare, your right to inherit, the mental welfare and emotional well-being of your youth, and your very personhood."" There's a bit more to the quote, but it's the best I've seen so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment